Bed Bug Control in West Tennessee
Bed bugs are elusive, but obnoxious pests. Less than 5 millimeters long, these tiny insects can cause a big disturbance in your home, putting you on high alert for itchy and irritating bites. When you discover a problem, you should contact professionals right away to make sure that the infestation is fully eliminated.
Okeena Termite & Pest Control has over 60 years of experience keeping homes safe from all kinds of pests, including bed bugs. Over the years, we have created an innovative treatment that eliminates helps keep them from coming back.
When you call us to get rid of bed bugs, you will receive:
- A free inspection from one of our experienced, personable technicians.
- A free quote so that you can make a decision with confidence.
- Detailed preparation instructions to make the most of the treatment.
- A free follow-up two weeks after initial treatment.
- Service that goes above and beyond to give you more than satisfactory results.
Signs of a Bed Bug Problem
Since bed bugs are so tiny, it may be hard to spot an infestation at first. However, you don’t have to wait until you’re covered in itchy bites to recognize a bed bug problem. Here are some signs that it may be time to contact us for bed bug treatment:
- Smears on your mattress, pillow, or sheets: Bed bugs hide in crevices during the daytime. They don’t fly or jump, they’ll just retreat to the crevices on or near your bed or fabric items. If your mattress, sheets, or bedding have dark tiny fecal smears or the reddish-brown smears of squished bugs, you probably have an infestation on your hands.
- Bed bug skins: As they grow, they shed their skin five times before reaching maturity. They don’t venture far from the comfort of crevices, so a collection of their reddish-brown skins hidden in areas such as near your headboard.
- Actual Insects: Bed bugs are small reddish-brown oval-shaped insects. They can travel 10-20 feet and sometimes find their way in attached to clothes, blankets, furniture, or luggage.
Preparing for Bed Bug Treatment
Bed bugs can survive up to a year or more without feeding, so it is important to get thorough treatment to entirely eliminate infestations. Preparation is very important for effective treatment. At Okeena, our technicians provide you with the preparation information you need to make the most of our treatments. This includes steps like:
- Reducing clutter so that we can treat all potentially affected areas
- Making your bed an island by moving it at least six inches away from the wall and removing items from on or under your bed
- Heat-treating bedding, clothing, rugs, or other affected fabrics in your dryer at high heat.
- Vacuuming and immediately disposing of the vacuum contents
When you make your appointment, we’ll make sure to give you the time you need to prepare. Always refer to the instructions provided by technicians. Our rigorously-trained exterminators are happy to explain what the treatments entail and pride themselves on getting the job done well!
Local Service You Can Trust
Okeena has been locally owned and operated since its beginning in 1962 and we believe in treating our customers the way we would treat our own families. We even offer same-day service so that you don’t have to tolerate bed bugs any longer. Our scheduling system focuses on getting you the help you need as soon as possible because we understand the incredible value of your time and your home.
Should pests persist in between scheduled treatments, simply let us know and we'll re-service your home for no additional cost to you. That's our guarantee to you!
Areas We Service Around West Tennessee
Our business was born and grown in West Tennessee. We’re proud to serve our beautiful home and enjoy taking our 60+ years of expertise all across the region.