DIY Pest Tips
You play a vital role in keeping your home pest-free and healthy. Here is a list of a few simple things that you can do to help keep bugs away from your home and family.
- Keep shrubs and bushes cut back from the foundation wall
- Make sure leaves don’t build up anywhere near the home
- Keep your grass cut
- Remove anything that holds water, i.e; old tires, old buckets, etc.
- Fill any gaps and cracks that lead into the house or crawl space
- You can use wire mesh, expandable foam, screening, etc.
- Repair/replace leaky spigots
- Repair/replace weatherstripping around doors
- Caulk around windows
- Move woodpiles away from the home
- Clean up any debris
- Repair/replace leaky faucets or plumbing leaks
- Fill any gaps and cracks
- Use expandable foam or wire mesh around plumbing penetrations
- Remove dirty dishes from the sink
- Make sure garbage can is clean – this is a favorite spot for House Flies!
- Remove clutter – especially boxes, newspaper, paper bags
- Use Tupperware containers when possible
At Okeena Pest Control, we know that keeping your home pest-free takes great effort and solid relationship with our customers. These simple steps will dramatically impact your chances of pest infestations and they’re great items to put on that honey-do list!